In this article, i will show you SAP CAR POS DTA PIPE Data transfer concept. This will help you understand full picture of POS DTA processing.
(1) Access point: Access points in retails industry are where consumer touch to vendor or retailer. Now a day, access point can be POS (Point of Sales), E-Commerce website, Mobile Application, Telephone, Social Media, Facebook, … etc.
(2) Convertor: in first point (1), sales data can from many sources. SAP CAR provide standard EDI document format to help partners system can follow and provide data consistently. Conversion happened in partner’s system before send data to SAP CAR. There are two meaning of conversion, first convert and mapping master data, second convert from source structure to SAP CAR’s structure.
(3) IDOCs: IDOCs is one of the inbound methodology SAP CAR supported, partner’s system can supply data such as SAP CAR’s IDOC requirements without any deep knowledge about POS DTA processing.
(4) BAPI: BAPI is Business Application Programming Interface was provided by SAP. BAPI support SAP’s developer or technical consultant send transaction data to SAP CAR correctly.
(5) Master Data Loading: SAP CAR based on HANA technology, master data will be replicated from SAP S4 HANA to CAR through SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation).
(6) Inbound Processing: Inbound processing is the first step in process sequence of POS DTA. Inbound processing help collect raw sales transaction data and put into queue. CAR Administrator can monitor queue (manual process / period process / Delete Queue).
(7) Sales Audit: When sales data came to inbound processing queue. Data audition will perform: master data validation, sales data logic validation. SAP CAR provided monitoring tools help operator can control sales data status. Operator can re-process error data after fixed issue.
(8) Aggregation: Aggregation is strongly recommend in Retails Industry, this procedure help system reduce amount of waste information. In retails landscape, SAP ERP system only need key objects. Example: In the supper market, hundred thousand of receipts send to SAP CAR, some key information in receipt will pass to ERP, some for reporting purpose only. Aggregation perform combine sales data as defined parameters help minimum number of inventory transaction to SAP ERP.
(9) Outbound Processing: After raw data aggregated, Outbound processing engine will performed to distribute aggregated transaction to destination system.
(10) Synchronize Transaction Data with SAP S4 HANA: invoke to retails landscape, it isn’t only sales transaction. Inventory, promotion campaign, Customer Relationship Management, Pricing, replenishment.. etc managed in SAP ERP, some objects need to be syn between CAR and SAP S4 HANA.
Example: Sales transaction happened on SAP CAR, Inventory movement happened on SAP ERP. Stock availability should be consistent between both system then all partners system can see near real-time. SAP BW reporting, reporting app can access inventory in SAP CAR also consistent.
(11) Outbound to SAP ERP: SAP ERP receive sales aggregated and Payment Aggregated data from SAP CAR.
(12) Outbound raw data to SAP BW: SAP BW receive sales raw data from SAP CAR to do detail reporting.
(13) (14) (15) outbound data to third-party systems as business requirements.
Thank you for your reading,